Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Home is where the heart is





Last weekend was WOMAD in Adelaide (also known as WOMADelaide), also known as my favourite world music/arts/dance/food/hippy festival in the history of time. Unfortunately I couldn't make it, due to a friend's wedding in Canberra (which was definitely worth staying for), but I decided to dress up like I was going to WOMAD anyway. Thankfully the weather in Canberra lately has been beautiful and permitted me to do this. [Side note: if you live in Adelaide and have not been to WOMAD, you have no excuses, go next year!]

I bought this dress about 5 years ago at another WOMAD. I think it is what started my love of all yellow clothes. Thongs are the only type of shoe that I ever wear to WOMAD - they are key to being able to run around barefoot while inside the festival walls, only to put your shoes back on again when you have to walk home. You also need to make sure you bring something along for when night falls, just in case it gets a little chilly - this denim shirt is perfect for that.

Dress: vintage, ~$10, WOMAD market
Shirt: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Havaianas

A little ditty that I saw live at WOMAD a few years back.

[Can you tell I'm a little homesick for Adelaide?]

Linking up with:
pleated poppy

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lib, thanks for popping by my blog. I love your vintage frock - it looks so cool with the denim shirt. Ah, how I'm longing for dress weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I'm trying to live up the dress weather while I can, before we plunge into the depths of winter here...

      Delete
  2. I want to be wearing dresses too!
    this is cute look.

    www.roothless-xo.blogspot.com
    come visit us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Love the chambray shirt tied at the waist like that. A perfect spring outfit. Visiting from WIW on the pleated poppy :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...