Thursday, November 15, 2012

Movie Roundup

I've seen a lot of good films lately due to the Canberra International Film Festival (CIFF) being on. I'm generally fairly hard to please when it comes to movies so I was quite surprised when two of the movies I've seen in the last few weeks have made me want to go out and buy the DVD. So if you're looking to see a good movie check these two out:

Poster courtesy of IMDB
I saw this movie last night as part of my CIFF membership. It details the final year of a coach's run of coaching at Mannassas Highschool in Memphis, Tennessee and the stories of some of the kids on the team. It will make you bawl while you are grinning your face off. It's out on DVD, so hightail it to your DVD store and check it out.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Poster courtesy of IMDB
This movie is still in theatres in Canberra so hopefully it is where you are too, because you should go and see it! It is based on the true story of a quadraplegic man in France (yes, it has subtitles), the man he hires to care for him and the hijinks they get up to together. I loved every second of this movie. Stellar acting by both of the leads. For those who have known me for a long time, take note of the fact that it almost beats 500 Days of Summer in how much I love it. That is a big statement for me...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...