Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Musings {9-01-13}


It's hot around these parts. Apparently, the last time Canberra had this many days in a row over 35 was before I was born. I'm personally loving it, although we've had some pretty severe wind today which was similar to conditions that were around when we had some massive fires ten years ago. So far it looks like everything will be ok, hopefully it continues that way. I'm grateful for all the volunteer firefighters who risk their lives and for our excellent bushfire warning system in Canberra. Even though I have lived more than half my life in Australia, I have managed to avoid having to worry about bushfires until now. (Canberra's not called the "bush capital" for nothing.) So I'm glad that the ESA is around to keep me informed.


Current obsession: Salted Caramel Icecream             
I have fallen in love with Maggie Beer's Chocolate & Salted Caramel Ice Cream and Connoisseur's Murray River Salted Caramel Ice Cream.

I'm planning on trying out this recipe, which claims to be the best salted caramel ice cream recipe ever. If anyone has any good salted caramel recipes please send them my way!



In case you missed it (since I forgot to put it up here) - my guest post on The Secret Life of Samara.

Couch to 5K update: I've been getting up at 5:30 to go running around the lake while it's cool due to this scorching weather. For a night owl, it's actually been kinda nice having that extra time in the morning.

I wrote to Cosmopolitan, Cleo & Madison magazines about having an article about endometriosis in their March issues... haven't heard back yet, here's hoping!

I had my Mirena removed on Friday. I'm currently writing up a diary of my experiences with that which I'll put up on here later.



This vlog series and this website that goes with it has made me a bigger fan of Amy Poehler than I was already. I didn't think that was possible. (I've also recently discovered a love for Parks & Rec).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...