Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Pre-bowel prep jitters

I start my bowel prep tomorrow. Surgery is on Friday, so that day before I am only able to eat "clear" liquids and tomorrow (two days before) I am only allowed to eat (according to the sheet given to me by my doctor): plain white toast (obviously out due to wheat aggravating my endo), boiled pumpkin, boiled potato, white fish, and plain jelly. I have prepared for this by boiling some potato and pumpkin tonight and mashing it (with no butter or milk - salt and pepper is permitted) and making my own jelly out of plain gelatine (smells so rank!) with sugar and lemonlime cordial added. The idea of having to smell raw fish on an empty stomach makes me nauseous so I've given the white fish a skip too. I've also raided the cupboard for hydralite and gastrolyte, and bought a big pack of baby wipes.

I also found this article (now found here) about bowel preps before a colonoscopy and it's made me feel a lot better about the whole process - since this is the first time I have had to go through this as the last surgeon did not request it.

I also have to get up at 5 am tomorrow to drive my boyfriend and mother to the airport. Potentially not the best way to start two days of food restriction, but oh well. Let the bowel prep begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...