Monday, December 17, 2012

Dress ups: My childhood hero

For a bit of fun I thought I'd showcase some of the costumes I have created this year.

For my birthday this year I had a "childhood hero" themed party. To be truthful, this was wholly because I had wanted to dress up as Ms. Frizzle for a loooong time, and I figured that since it was my birthday I get to set the rules. Ms. Frizzle and the Magic School Bus series of books were one of the first things that fostered my interest in science and are one of the reasons that I decided to pursue a career in science today. I've always wanted to be a science teacher just like her and I wouldn't be surprised if watching all those outfits were to blame for my slightly eccentric style at times.

Such style! via xoJane




Scorpion leggings: The Sock Shop Melbourne (Melbournians, check it out - I get all my best stockings from there) - just checked again and it looks like they have closed down on November 30th. Oh no!
Dress: made with love by me out of a $5 op-shop dress and various dinosaur fabric that I collected, cut out and ironed on
Old-school Sedimentary Rocks textbook: cheers to an old work supervisor
Belt: Witchery

(My housemates are Alfalfa from The Little Rascals and Fozzie Bear from the Muppets)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...