Monday, March 25, 2013

Mexican Superbowl

The Big Hearted Business conference on the weekend blew me away. It was life changing and so exciting to be a part of. I'm seeing big things in the future for it and me. I'm currently too shattered to write in any more detail about it, but don't worry, I'll get to it later (try and stop me)!

Instead I'll highlight a recipe that I tried out tonight (with my alterations), created by the first speaker of the conference, Kemi Nekvapil. She is a champion of raw food and has so much zest for life, it is contagious. I made this and her green smoothie recipe tonight when I got home from the airport. It is so delicious, flavour-packed and filling. I can't recommend it enough! Seriously. Try. It. Out. And check her out - I got her DVD, but she has an ebook of recipes too, or you can just check out her website for some recipes.


Mexican Superbowl Salad
Serves 2

a splash of olive oil (around two tbsp, but I just guessed)
juice of half a lime (I used a whole lime because I'm just that wild)
one tbsp red onion, finely chopped
one clove garlic, crushed (I used half of one of my massive organic ones)
quarter habanero chili, deseeded and finely chopped (I used one bird's eye chili and it was super spicy)
one cup cherry tomatoes, halved
one corn cob, chopped raw off the cob (I used two, I couldn't get enough)
half cup capsicum, finely diced (don't like it, so I didn't use it)
+ one carrot, grated + (I added this in place of the capsicum)
one avocado, diced
one cup macadamias, roughly  chopped (again, I didn't add these because I didn't have them)
large handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped

Combine the first five ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine, being careful not to mush the avocado too much. Try to restrain yourself from eating it straight out of the mixing bowl with a spoon (guilty!). Will keep for two days in the fridge if you can restrain yourself.

A note - don't be scared of eating raw corn - it is surprisingly tasty! Seriously, I don't know why people even bother cooking it when it tastes so good raw. Can't believe I had never tried it before. It's funny how I swear I've made a salad like this for myself before, but somehow it just didn't taste as good last time. Must be the corn!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...